Discover What Partnering with Morton Buildings Can Do for You
We’re looking for a Senior Project Architect to join our team!
The Senior Project Architect is a full-time position responsible for researching, planning, and designing commercial projects. The Senior Project Architect partners with clients and applies knowledge of design, construction procedures, buildings materials, zoning and building codes to meet the needs of customers and drive profitable growth of the Commercial Business Unit. Learn more and apply today!
What Can Morton Do for You?
Morton Buildings can assist design professionals in a variety of ways:
- Offer preliminary budget costs early in the design stage, which can provide time and resource savings
- Provide the basic layout of the building structure that would wrap around your interior floor plan design
- Provide structural drawings, details and specifications from a licensed structural engineer or provide the information to your engineers for certification
- Provide foundation design from a licensed structural engineer
- Provide a single point of contact for you to help coordinate the project and answer any questions
- Provide general contracting and construction management services across the country
Morton Buildings is a vertically integrated company, which means many materials are manufactured in our plants, shipped to the jobsite via our fleet, built using our construction crews, and construction management is provided by us. Morton is self-performing on the structural building envelope, optimizing efficiency and providing superior quality control.
Morton Buildings is committed to partnering with firms like yours. Whether you're working on a publicly funded structure or a custom building in the private sector, Morton has the resources to aid in the development and completion of your project.
The Bid Process
Public Entities – Let Morton do the “grunt work” for your bid project. We can provide the basic layout for the shell that would wrap around your design. We can also provide you with structural specifications and wall details early in the process. When needed, we can also provide you with certified structural drawings and preliminary budget numbers.
Private Entities – As a member of your team, we provide behind the scenes support for you. We can calculate load requirements and do the research and preparation you need for your project.
Available Specifications to Download:
Please contact us via the form below if you have any questions or need additional information.
AIA CES Approved Provider
We’re proud to an approved continuing education provider for the American Institute of Architects. We provide online continuing education courses, and can also travel to your location to do an in-person seminar for credit. View our Ron Blank page.
Morton Buildings is the industry-leader in post-frame construction. Post-frame construction is a highly engineered wood-frame building system that meets local, state and national building codes. Post-frame buildings feature large, laminated columns instead of wood studs, steel framing, or concrete masonry.
- A post-frame building forms a tremendously strong structure that efficiently resists wind and seismic forces, even for buildings that clear-span 100 feet or more in width.
- Post-frame construction requires limited wall and roof framing materials, and minimal footing and foundation materials.
- Post-frame achieves sustainable benefits without prohibitive cost restraints, as it includes many sustainable design aspects by default.
Our structures aren’t just single-story box buildings. We can accommodate your vision of the ideal space and even construct multiple-story buildings.
Watch this video for an overview of our commercial services: